PATIENT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
Following Government guidance we are now open. In the first phase of re-opening, we will only be able to offer urgent appointments. Part of this involves also giving you an update on the steps we are taking for safety of patients and staff members.
Infection control has always been a top priority. Our practice follows stringent standards of infection control so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We are now focusing on new practice protocols in order to operate a safe and efficient dental practice for all our patients, our staff and our wider community following the COVID-19 crisis.
You will note some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We are making these changes and revising our protocols to help protect you, our patients, and our team.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE PRACTICE, WE WILL ASK YOU TO:
- Arrange appointments either by e-mail or over the phone. Please ONLY visit if our team has contacted you and booked a confirmed appointment.
- Attend the practice only at the appointed time to maintain social distancing.
- Use your home toilet before attending the appointment as toilet facilities are not available in practice to avoid contact in public toilet.
- Thoroughly brush your teeth just before arrival.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before leaving your home.
- Complete a pre-appointment screening process: Medical History and Covid-19 risk assessment.
- Unless essential, limit extra companion at the time of attending the appointment. One Parent/Guardian can attend for a child appointment. Other family members must not attend the appointment.
- To maintain social distancing, you will be required to wait in the car at certain time.
- To limit the number of people in the practice, we might only be able to admit one person at a time in the practice.
- For safety, bring your own pens for completion of essential forms within the practice.
- Attend appointment with essential personal belongings only.
- If you are feeling unwell, re-arrange or cancel your appointment with as much notice as possible.
- We may arrange a call with our dentist to better understand your dental emergency.
AT THE PRACTICE, WE HAVE SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE:
- Allow us to take your temperature.
- Use hand sanitizer and follow hand hygiene protocol.
- Wear your own personal protective items when you arrive which includes disposable gloves and mask
- Complete Covid-19 risk assessment before the appointment.
- Maintain social distancing while in the practice.
- Make payment using contactless cards or over the phone to reduce contact.
- We are unable to accept cash or cheque payments.
- Your follow up appointment may be booked at reception too.
- We may ask you to sign treatment plan via emails.
TO ENSURE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT, WE WILL:
- Install Perspex panels or ‘germ-guards’ along the reception desk.
- Clearly mark out respecting social distance recommendations.
- Manage appointments to allow for social distancing between patients
- Set up a daily health screening checkpoint and log for the screening of all staff entering the workplace.
- Minimise staff interaction.
- Equip our dental staff with additional PPE when in surgery.
- Constant decontaminate communal areas throughout the day.
- Use phone consultations whenever possible.
- Remove newspapers, magazines and water cooler from the waiting room
As and when we hear advice from our professional governing bodies, we will keep you updated of our progress to next phase of re-opening when we are able to provide treatments.
We are available for any dental problems or concerns you may have. We will be able to offer advice, prescribe pain relief and antibiotics should your symptoms meet certain criteria. For dental problems we are unable to manage, we have access to refer patients to the COVID-19 dental emergency Hub network.
You can telephone the practice on 0208876 5088 or email us directly on [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are implementing to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
If you urgently need assistance please call us.
In case you develop any Covid-19 related symptoms prior or
14 days post your dental appointment please inform the practice to enable us to undertake safety measures for attending patients and the dental team.